Message from the Principal - Mr. Jake Skelly
At KMS, we prepare our students for high school and beyond through our rigorous curriculum, including our recentley added Apex e-Learning solutions systems. Apex offers online courses in Mathematics, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Foreign Languages, the Fine Arts, Health, Physical Education, and Advanced Placement. Our teachers and staff are professionally skilled and personally committed to meeting the individual needs of each student.
KMS is an academic institution with high expectations for our students and staff members; however, we also believe that school and learning can and should be a FUN and EXCITING experience. KMS offers students outstanding and unique opportunities to engage in, including culinary arts, pottery, coding, gaming design, music theory, engineering, band, choir, fitness, aquatics, newspaper reporting/editing, web design, and much more. Our students participate in numerous academic, athletic, and performing arts teams and compete at high levels in all areas.
At KMS we are a 100% 1:1 learning environment where all of our students in Grades 5-8 have a Chromebook to use and will own after paying for 3 years of book rental.
At Knox Middle School we strive to make learning challenging and FUN at the same time with an emphasis on preparing students for the future.
2018-2019 Supply List
KCSC Mission, Vision & Beliefs
Knox Schools are schools of choice where all students learn in a comprehensive, rigorous, and technologically current educational environment. Student-centered programs develop leadership skills and the individual interests of the students. Students are supported by personnel with high expectations and integrity.
Effective communication, positive interactions, and transparent, fiscally responsible decisions form a relationship of trust and respect between the school and community. Prioritizing and maintaining a safe, productive learning environment make Knox Schools a source of pride in the community.
Knox Community Schools Believe:
- All students can and will learn.
- All students will receive a quality education that challenges them to reach their maximum potential.
- The curriculum will be comprehensive, rigorous, and relevant for all students.
- All personnel will promote a vision of high academic achievement.
- All personnel will be persons of integrity.
- Effective public relations promote collaboration, accessibility, trustworthiness, and respect between our school and the community.
- Resources are utilized to create a safe and productive learning and working environment that strengthens our school community.
- School facilities are maintained to promote a clean, safe, and efficient learning environment.
- Technology will be utilized to increase student achievement, enrich curriculum, and prepare students for the future.
- ECAs reinforce lessons learned in the classroom and enhance the educational experiences of our students and create a focus of community pride.